Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shopping

It was a challenge shopping at Publix this morning........they didn't have a few of the things that I needed, and they kept the rest of them hidden, lol.  Finally had to ask a store manager where the tahini was.  Publix does not carry oat flour, kelp powder, Ener-G Egg Replacer, or nutritional yeast.  Luckily, my sweet and lovely daughter, Liz, offered to go pick up those things at Whole Foods for me.  WF had everything but the kelp powder.  (Guess my recipe will just have to do without the kelp.)

I can tell this project is going to take a lot of grocery shopping!  I went to the Clemmons produce yesterday, Publix and Whole Foods today.  After shopping, I washed, trimmed and cooked some fresh green beans, and made the Golden Couscous Salad.  OMG, what a job!  My kitchen looked like a bomb went off in it.  The salad was delicious, but very labor intensive. 

So here is what I had today.....

Breakfast:  Coffee, a whole wheat English muffin with cashew butter and jelly.  Orange juice with fresh strawberries.
Snack:  banana
Lunch:  Garden salad with homemade dressing, and some whole wheat Ritz with cashew butter
Snack:  Tortilla chips
Dinner:  Golden Couscous Salad, green beans, a tomato, some radishes and cucumber slices and a cup of coffee.

Not hard at all, but there IS a piece of my chocolate birthday cake left that keeps staring at me.  It has eggs, so I can't have it.....I'll have to look into those vegan desserts in case I have a sweet attack. 

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment