Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting started

I have a new cookbook "1000 Vegan Recipes."  I looked through it tonight for some things I could make this week that wouldn't take a ton of ingredients that I'd have to buy.  In my freezer I already have black bean soup, lentil soup, onion soup (but it's made with chicken broth, so that's out), lentil loaf, vegetable curry, vegetarian sloppy joe mix (made with mashed lentils) turkey chili------can't have that so I should make some vegetable chili.

Here are the new recipes I decided to make :

Brown Rice Salad with Black Eyed Peas
Queso Dip
Golden Couscous Salad
Macaroni Salad
Golden Potato Soup
Pasta Arrabbiata

Oops, just remembered that we are having a breakfast at work Friday...I need to bring something for that, and Easter is next Sunday.  We are having dinner at my sister's house.  No Easter ham for me this year...(that's ok; ham always makes me feel so bloated after I eat it).  Maybe I'll volunteer to bring the dessert and the salad.  OK, off to hunt for more recipes.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment